Wednesday 20 July 2011

Daffodil quotes, quotations and sayings; Flower quotes

Daffodil quotes, quotations and sayings, daffodils are considered to be a spring flower, they have a strong yellow colour, and a distinctive trumpet. In this entry, general flower quotes are also included. As well as daffodil quotes, there are verses from daffodil poems, including William Wordsworth and Teresa Hooley.



All day long blew the daffodils,
Oh, what a sight to see,
A myriad gold-gowned daffodils,
Moved to a rhythmic glee.
Teresa Hooley

The daffodil is our doorside queen; She pushes upward the sword already, To spot with sunshine the early green.
William Cullen Bryant

A host of golden daffodils; Beside the lake, beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
William Wordsworth

If one daffodil is worth a thousand pleasures, then one is
too few.
William Wordsworth

When I bought my farm, I did not know what a bargain I had in the
bluebirds, daffodils and thrushes; as little did I know what 
sublime mornings and sunsets I was buying.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


Fair daffodils, we weep to see,
You haste away so soon:
As yet the early-rising sun
Has not attained his noon.
Robert Herrick

Gold of the daffodil, drawn
Out of the cup of the dawn,
Gold of the daffodil, born
In the bright mines of the morn
Clinton Scollard


~ Daffodil quotes and quotations; Flower quotes ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Currently, I will only be able to read your comments, I will reply as time permits, and if you have a question, I will try to respond when I can. I will read every comment that is left here.

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...